View Single Post
Old 03-04-2024, 06:10 AM
BP Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les
I have a bit of a collection of kits that I have to store. Most are in my basement in totes or on shelves. But some are too big for most totes and are not in boxes making it difficult to put on a shelf. Plus for kits with cardboard tubes, I prefer to store upright to avoid ovaling of the tubes.

Now, our basement does occasionally get some minor water in, so I didn't want them sitting on the floor. My solution? I got a plastic garbage can to put them in.

Tonight I wanted to locate a kit from one of my totes. As I was trying to get the tote I noticed a reflection from the can. What?? Go and check. Appears a small pipe drip put water in the can - like 8" worth!

All kits ruined. The following are lost

LOC 4" V2
LOC 3" Cyclotron
Madcow Seawolf
Madcow Bomark

And the one that hurts the most.....
Cosmodrom Vostok

The first 4 list for $570. I don't recall what I paid for the Vostok, but since it is OOP it would be worth a pretty penny

Not a good night......

No way to salvage anything?

http://wallyum.blogspot.com/

I miss being SAM 0058

Build floor: Estes - Low Boom SST Semroc - Marauder, Shrike, SST Shuttle

In paint: Canaroc - Starfighter Scorpion

Unflown: Estes - Der Red Jinx, Eliminator, F-22 Air Superiority Fighter, Firebird, Jayhawk, Multi-Roc, Solar Sailer II, Spartan, Surveyor, Wizard (13mm), Xarconian Cruiser, Mach 10, Asp-1, Microsonde 3 Payloader, Aerobee 300, Cyber III, Earmark, Marauder, Mini Dactyl, Scrambler