PDA

View Full Version : BFTPR Centuri Space Shuttle - The Rebuild

dtomko
10-08-2005, 04:24 PM
Over the summer at NERRF I lost the booster to my Blast From the Past Centuri Space Shuttle when it did a beautiful glide into a river. Mike Jerauld kindly sent me some parts and I started putting together a new booster. He didn't have any vacuum formed nose cones left, so I bought a Semroc BC-1625P. I vacuum formed a new cone, but it's a tad too large in diameter (of course, since I didn't bother to sand down the balsa cone. Duh). I may sand and redo or just try to cut a wedge out of this one, or hollow out the balsa one and use that. It's a fantastic glider with the vacuum formed nose, though. This is probably my favorite Centuri design.
Drew Tomko

Green Dragon
10-08-2005, 08:15 PM
NERRf, huh ? :-)

we were at the NERRF launch, too bad wasn't too active here yet, could have looked you up .

not enough old rocket guys.. umm. well old rocket DESIGN flying, not old personally.....;-)

I did get in two fligths on Saturday at NERRF, on was a Loc Minie-Magg, the other was our 'team rattler' upscale of the estes E2x Rattler 7 kit - 8" dia / Green Dragon Motors K-L1085.

Would have flown that today, but rain is coming down..:-( maybe next week ....

~ AL